1. Jadeveon Clowney, DE South Carolina – In two seasons, he has accumulated 21 sacks and 35.5 tackles for loss. Legitimate Heisman contender. Billed as one of the best non-QB prospect in recent memory.
2. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M – Johnny “Football” looks poised to take that next step and enter 2014 NFL Draft. Difficult to label because he does everything so well but not necessarily dominant in one aspect. Reminds me of Drew Brees at this stage in his college career.
3. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville – Completed 69 percent of his passes this year for 3,718 yards, 27 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Bridgewater is true pocket passer with toughness and intelligence who could slip into our top spot with continued development in 2013.
4. Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M – Cousin of Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews. Jake will move from right to left tackle and replace Luke Joeckel and protect Johnny Manziel’s blind side. Matthews has nasty demeanor and is a guy who just loves to finish his blocks. His true test will come against pass rush and if he succeeds he will be top 5 pick in 2014 NFL draft.
5. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama – Freakish size (6’6″ 320) with a six pack. Cyrus tore his ACL & MCL in 2011 (typically requires 2 seasons to regain form) so we are expecting huge year from him. If you don’t believe us….listen to what Chance Warmak has to say: “Cyrus Kouandjio is super athletic,” Warmack said. “I haven’t seen a tackle like him in a while. He’s going to be a top-three pick, I think.”