2013 NFL Draft
Pre Draft Notes from Combine, Pro-Days and college film:
* Exekiel Ansah jumping up draft boards after winning MVP at Senior Bowl Game.
* Margus Hunt DE SMU reminding me little of JJ Watt.
* Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia runs 4.34 40-yard dash. One of my favorite players who has best cut ability in draft.
* Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State is best pass rushing prospect in this draft. 13 sacks in his junior year.
* Jonathan Cyprien might be most intriguing player in this draft. Physical safety would fit nicely for Pats late in 1st round.
* Star Lotulelei has heart condition. Echo heart test showed EF (ejection fraction) of 44%. Normal is 55 to 70%. Possible weakened heart.
* NFL Draft is loaded with hybrid pass-rushers. Stansly Maponga TCU is guy we are watching closely as he can rush passer and defend run well.
* Tyrann Mathieu runs fast 40 time but has weak bench press showing. Where he gets drafted?…maybe 4th rounder
* Terron Armstead OL runs unthinkable 4.65 40 yard dash.
* Blazing numbers at Combine. Marquise Goodwin matches Tavon Austin’s 4.25 time in the 40-yard dash
- Watch out for Indy…. if they draft Le’Veon Bell RB Michigan State’s . They could become a machine again.
- Amazingly… the talent rich 49ers have 14 picks in NFL Draft.
About the Author
Offering NFL Draft analysis that is clear, in depth and easily viewed.